Transcript for Will Smith talks about new show, 'Welcome to Earth'
- We turn now to Will Smith's Welcome to Earth. It follows the superstar as he travels with National Geographic experts around the planet, even facing his fears as he explores six of the world's most amazing natural wonders.
WILL SMITH: We think we know our planet.
TJ HOLMES: What do you get when you combine one of the world's biggest superstars--
WILL SMITH: That's spectacular. This is bucket list moment.
TJ HOLMES: --with planet Earth's most spectacular sights?
WILL SMITH: I asked the best modern-day explorers, take me to the ends of the Earth. And they said, oh, we can go further than that.
TJ HOLMES: Welcome to Earth, the new Disney+ original series produced by National Geographic. .
WILL SMITH: What was that?
WOMAN: There's only one way to find out.
TJ HOLMES: Will Smith embarks on an epic adventure, from the deepest reaches of the ocean--
WOMAN: Oh, oh my gosh.
TJ HOLMES: --to the inside of a lava-spewing volcano.
- And we need the helmet because the volcano spits and rocks up in the air, as if this helmet is going to do something for one of these big rocks. I've been in 1,000 meters down to below the midnight zone in the ocean with translucent fish. It was--
- Yeah, it's been quite a journey. I hope that they will have me for the rest of my life. I'll do that forever.
TJ HOLMES: Smith leans into his fears as he descends into a seemingly endless chasm.
MAN: Did you hear that crack?
WILL SMITH: Yeah.
MAN: It's just constantly moving. This is the kind of thing that half of people would say nightmares are made of. You're climbing down into an environment that's constantly changing and shifting.
- Yeah, yeah, yeah.
- And there's water filling in there. Are you mad?
MAN: That's the question.
- Half of us think that.
TJ HOLMES: Guiding him on the journey--
WILL SMITH: (ECHOING) My name is Will.
TJ HOLMES: --National Geographic explorers from across the globe.
- Will, you happy to go lower?
- You've got to be kidding me.
- Now look down. Isn't that something?
WILL SMITH: That hole just drops away into infinity. There is nothing I enjoy more than those Nat Geo explorations. There is nothing I enjoy more than going to the ends of the Earth with some wise explorer. The things that I've seen and got an opportunity to do on that show, it is the deepest and greatest pleasure of my life.
- Wow. OK, that's saying a lot, because you've done a lot.
- Yeah, you got to come hang with me on one of them.
- Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
- Because yeah, no--
- Can I pick the adventure, though?
WILL SMITH: We went down into a volcano.
TJ HOLMES: Imma skip that one.
WILL SMITH: Right.
TJ HOLMES: What else you got? What else you got? Give me other options.
- Yeah, no.
- You're definitely going to do that.
- Wow, seriously, guys.
- You need to take him up on that.
- Look, there was-- he went down to a volcano. Let's see what--
WOMAN: That's right.
ROBIN ROBERTS: OK.
WOMAN: That's right.
- He's trying to find one that's more my speed.
- Strahan can go to space. You can go volcano.
- Let's not do that. It's all right. Welcome to Earth streaming now on Disney+.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.