Transcript for NFL wild-card weekend
- To sports now and the NFL's Wild Card Weekend. Overnight the Bills knocking out the Patriots 47 to 17. Joining us now to talk football is ESPN's Damien Woody. Thanks so much for being with us. I want to start, though, this morning by talking about the other big win that happened yesterday, the Bengals beating the Raiders 26-19, ending Cincinnati's 31-year playoff drought.
- Yeah. They may be young, but they're ready. And it all falls with Joe Burrow, their star quarterback. This is a guy that seems to infuse confidence throughout the whole organization. And they have arguably the best group of skill position players in the National Football League led by Ja'Marr Chase, their rookie wide receiver. And those guys were on full display yesterday against the Las Vegas Raiders.
- So let's look forward to Monday night's game, right? What should we be looking at when we see the Cardinals and the Rams?
- Yeah. This one is going to be-- when you talk about Kyler Murray, the star quarterback of the Arizona Cardinals, he's going to be facing arguably the best pass rush in the National Football League with the Los Angeles Rams with Aaron Donald, Von Miller, and company coming up the edge, coming up the middle. That's going to be a tall, tall challenge for Kyler Murray, because he's going to be missing his star wide receiver in DeAndre Hopkins. And he hasn't really adjusted with him missing all this time. So it's going to be interesting to see how he utilizes both his arms and his legs to combat that pass rush he's going to see from the Los Angeles Rams.
- So today we're going to see last year's Super Bowl quarterbacks try to get their teams to the next round of the playoffs. What are the chances we'll see a Super Bowl rematch this year between Tom Brady of the Buccaneers and the Chiefs Patrick Mahomes?
- Well, listen. Now, my former teammate in Tom Brady, it's going to be a little bit harder this year, considering some of the things that's happened to his skill position players. Chris Godwin, their star wide receiver, is out for the year with the ACL injury, and then, obviously, Antonio Brown, who was released from the team a couple of weeks ago. Tom Brady is obviously seven-time Super Bowl champion, but when you're facing going up against potentially Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers in Lambeau, that's going to be a tall, tall challenge for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers with a couple of key pieces that's missing on offense.
- Also, Lambeau is cold. Let's not forget that!
Damien Woody, thanks so much for being with us this morning. And don't forget--
- Thank you.
- You can see the Cardinals versus the Rams on Monday night right here on ABC.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.