Transcript for Michele Morrone talks new film, 'The Next 365 Days'
MICHELE MORRONE: We are back now here on GMA with the lead star of the upcoming Netflix film The Next 365 Days. Michele Morrone plays a mafia crime boss fighting to protect his marriage in this third installment of the worldwide hit franchise 365 Days. Michele, thanks for being with us.
- Thank you very much.
- This is only your second time to New York, you were just telling me.
- As I was saying, like, I was here to promote the movie like two-- a couple of months ago, yeah.
- Wow. OK, so when you first got the part, I understand you were actually not necessarily a working actor, you were working as a gardener?
- Yeah, yeah.
- Tell me about that.
- I was working, like, when I got the first call from the director. I was actually, like, on my spot. I was working. I was actually working as a gardener, and they found a picture of me from a very old Facebook that I had, or Instagram, and they decided to give me the part, the role. But I thought like it was a joke because, actually, I didn't really even have the time to go and cast, to do the casting and stuff--
- Because you were so busy gardening?
- Yeah, I was busy gardening. And I-- but the director was like, no, no, no, I don't want to make you a casting. I want you for the role. And I was like, well, that's cool. I mean--
- That's cool? I was going to say, what was your first thought you got the good news, the surprising news?
- Yeah. I was in Milan. I was working over there. And it was such a surprising to me, I swear. It was so, so weird, but in the same time, I was super happy for it.
- So you star as a mafia boss, Massimo, and your relationship with your wife Laura is under threat--
- --and there's another mafia leader involved, all the infighting that goes on. So we actually have a clip where you begin to doubt your wife. Let's take a look.
- What happened on the island?
[SUSPENSEFUL ELECTRONIC MUSIC]
I think you're hiding something from me.
[WOMAN SPEAKING IN POLISH]
- How does this installment compare to the others? How would you describe it?
- I mean, like, since the beginning, they had this very strong relationship between both of them, and then, actually, the third part, The Next 365 Days talks about this treatment, like, there's another character who's trying to build up problem between them, and Massimo isn't, like, a very like nice person when it comes on, you know, protecting his wife. So that's where we're going to see on the 19th of August, like, after tomorrow.
- Very cool. And this, obviously, is such a wildly popular franchise. You say sometimes it's difficult for you to walk down this street?
- I mean, imagine, it's one of the most watched movie on Netflix. It was on for four weeks on 93 countries all around the world.
- And-- yeah, I mean it became just-- I'm OK with it. I'm OK with it, living this life, but sometimes it's a little bit too much, because I need to breathe a little bit. But, I mean, it's part of the game. Why not?
- Yes well get ready, because--
- I'm so excited even because in The Next 365 Days, I've done-- like, for the first, second, and third part, I've done all the soundtrack and for the third part, I have angels that I wrote for as a soundtrack on the third part, so-- which is coming out in two days, and it's going to be the soundtrack on the third part
- Yeah, so you're definitely not going able to walk down the streets after Friday. Michele, thank you so much for being with us. We appreciate it.
The Next 365 Days, as we said, releases Friday on Netflix.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.