Transcript for Britney Spears' husband Sam Asghari talks married life and new film, 'Hot Seat'
- We want to get right to our cover story. Britney Spears' husband, Sam Asghari, speaking out for the first time on married life with the pop superstar. Will Reeve sat down exclusively with him and joins us now from Los Angeles. Good morning, Will.
- Good morning, Michael. He was a model, now an actor. Britney Spears' boyfriend, now husband. A lot has changed for Sam Asghari, especially this summer. First, with a wedding that he calls a "fairy tale," and now a new movie. Sam Asghari has been with his new wife pop icon, Britney Spears, for six years. How's married life?
- I have to wear this thing now. It's just surreal, man. It's been a minute, it was way overdue for us, and we imagined this thing being a fairy tale, and it was. And we only had like 50 to 70 people. We wanted to just celebrate, and that's what we did.
- Speaking to GMA for his first TV interview since their June 9 wedding, nearly seven months after a judge released Spears from the conservatorship that controlled her life for over a decade.
- How is Brittany?
- She's amazing. She's doing great. She's my wife.
- But what does that feel like, to be like she's my wife?
- Yeah. It hasn't hit me yet. The husband thing hasn't hit me yet.
- Asghari is establishing himself on the big screen as a SWAT team officer in the new film, Hot Seat, starring Mel Gibson.
- Won't be the psycho with kids.
- I just want to weigh our options before we orphan his baby.
- Oh yeah? What do you suggest?
- You are so hardcore. What did that feel like?
- Me and Mel Gibson going back and forth, and I called them a few bad words here and there. And it's definitely something that I apologized for. I was like I'm sorry I had to do this, someone that I admire.
- What does it feel like to be developing your own career being in the public eye?
- I didn't really get noticed until you know my wife give me, like, this amazing platform to work with. So I'm always appreciated of that. But let's not take away from the fact that I've been working hard and I was already acting. I don't take any opportunity that I have for granted, and I really try to stay positive with everything that's happening.
- As Asghari makes his own way in the entertainment industry, he draws inspiration and advice from his number one supporter.
- Just being in a relationship with someone that has achieved so much, so many great things and at such a young age kind of gives me the understanding and teaches me so much for the little things I'm going to achieve, or the big things. God knows what, it's up to me.
- What does Britney say to you when you need encouragement to go out and achieve your dreams?
- She kind of says go, go get it. I want to be able to make my children or my future children happy and then be like, oh, that's my dad, I want to be like my dad. At the end of my life, I want to be able to have a great career, but more importantly, I want people to look up to me, my loved ones, my children, my wife, things like that.
- Asghari came to the US when he was 13 and says between his career and his relationship, he's living an American dream. His immediate plans include upcoming acting projects and taking a honeymoon with Britney. Hot Seat is in select theaters and on digital and OnDemand this Friday, July 1.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.